Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The BEST {And Easiest} Gravy Ever~Thanksgiving 2013

 
 

I am not a gravy lover.  My grandma would make the tastiest gravy, and when she died, my desire for gravy died, too.  I just don't like the taste of store bought gravy, and when I tried to make my own, it never tasted like grandmas.  

So I became one of those people who just has butter with their potatoes.

Then a friend gave me a recipe and said it tastes just like grandma's.  I wondered when she was ever at my grandma's house, but graciously took the recipe.  I reluctantly tried it and was surprised to find....

It tastes just like grandma's!!

This recipe is super easy to make, and the best part is NO LUMPS {A problem I've had when I previously tried to make my own gravy}!!  So in honor of all the grandma's who've spent countless Thanksgivings making their own gravy, lets all make our own gravy this year, too!!  Your family will thank you for it, and you just might start a new tradition!

Easy Turkey Gravy

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 cups pan drippings

In medium saucepan, melt butter.  Add in black pepper and flour.  Whisk continuously over low heat for 3 minutes.  You'll notice a change in the consistency of the butter/flour mixture as you whisk.  When it goes from pasty to a thinner consistency you have it right.  Add in the turkey drippings.

Continue to whisk over medium~low heat until bubbly and the gravy has thickened.  This should also take about 3 minutes.
Serve with your mashed potatoes and turkey and gladly accept all the praise you'll get for the delicious gravy!


Enjoy!!

Blessings,


Homestead For Him now has a Facebook page.  Like what you see here, won't you like my page?!  Click the like button on the sidebar or go HERE!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!