Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013~Cultivating A Heart Of Gratitude

 

As I may have mentioned a time or two, I love Christmas.  But a friend recently pointed out to me that by starting Christmas so early, we miss out on Thanksgiving. 

I realized she is right!  I spend so much time during November planning, either in my head or in reality, for Christmas.  Thanksgiving doesn't get the same amount of planning.  Even on Thanksgiving day, I'm preparing for the holidays since we get our tree the weekend after it.

So this year I am going to be intentional about Thanksgiving.  I'm going to spend the month focusing on the blessings in my life, and cultivating a he♥rt of gratitude.  From decorating to dinner, I'm going to reflect on what I've been blessed with.

The irony here is that this is the first year in many that I will not be making the dinner.  Hubby's family is having a full family Thanksgiving celebration {think reunion} where we will all be bringing something for the dinner {think potluck}.  We are looking forward to seeing aunts, uncles, and cousins.  Many are coming from out of state and we haven't seen in quite a while.

Something else to be thankful for!

Blessings,


Homestead For Him now has a Facebook page.  Like what you see here, won't you like my page?!  Click the "like" button on the sidebar or go HERE!!

3 comments:

  1. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in the UK but I do think that there is huge value in the discipline of a thankful attitude and counting our blessings.
    Thanks for sharing at Essential Fridays.
    Blessings
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! I'm always spending so much time preparing for Christmas that Thanksgiving tends to be glossed over a bit. We have the big dinner and all, but this year I'm going to slow down and enjoy being truly thankful for the blessings of God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually think of Thanksgiving as the "gateway" to the Christmas season. However, I agree. We need to celebrate Thanksgiving on its own! We have so much to be thankful for and taking this day to praise God for our blessings is so important!

    Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!