Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Leaving A Legacy


This picture is the door of my laundry chute.  Each time I get clothes out of the chute, I see this and it makes me smile.  This was written by my father~in~law when he made the chute in November of 1968.   It says "Hi Honey Happy Washing Today" and is signed by him with the date.

Looking at this makes me think about the legacy each of us leave.  What kind of legacy will I be leaving my children?  Will that legacy be anger or joy?  Frustration or flexibility?  Contentment or greed?  Love or hate?

 We will not hide them from their descendants; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders he has done.  Psalm 78:4

The most important legacy I can leave my children is to be a follower of Christ.  If I am following the Lord in all I do, my legacy will show that.  You'll see the times I relied on God to meet my needs.  You'll see the obedience even when it may not make sense in the world's eyes.  You'll see my love for Him through all I say and do.

I have to ask myself, is this the legacy I'm leaving?  Are you?

Blessings,


Homestead For Him now has a Facebook page.  Like what you see here, won't you like my page?!  Click the like button on the sidebar or go HERE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!