Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Weight Loss Wednesday~40 Before 40

 photo 868f8b41-95ae-428c-919c-9e3f97cc2d64_zpsd523f456.jpg
 
 
"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;  you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."  1 Corinthians 6:19-20
 
 
This verse has been on my mind a lot lately.  I am unhappy about the way I look and feel, and I know I am not honoring God.  I have plenty of reasons excuses about how this happened, but the reality is that I am overweight and I need to do something about it.

I am at my heaviest weight {aside from one pregnancy where I had pre~eclamsia and gained 60 pounds} that I have ever been.  I need to not only loose weight, but also get healthy.  There is diabetes and heart disease in my family history.  I do not want those labels as I grow older.

I turn 40 this fall, and my goal is to be much healthier by then!  While I want to loose weight, getting healthy is my goal.  I have chosen 40 pounds as the amount I want to loose before I turn 40.  However, getting healthy is the end result I want to achieve.

I have debated about putting this out here on my blog.  It's just not something I am comfortable talking about.  I also know myself.  I know that it will be easy to give up, and putting this on my blog will help hold myself accountable.  So, each Wednesday I'll be giving an update on how things have been going.  I hope to not only keep myself on task, but maybe I'll help encourage someone else.

Join me next Wednesday for an update of how this week has been going.  Who wants to come along?!

Blessings,
 


4 comments:

  1. I just started this week - my first goal is 20 lbs - and then 10 + 10 after. I'm exercising - and trying to map out my meals before its meal time. Wishing you a wonderful journey on your 40 to 40:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you to set a great goal for yourself! I also work at keeping a healthy lifestyle, and side benefit is keeping my weight low. I recommend myfitnesspal.com. It's free, and really just helps you stay aware of calories in versus calories out.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent goal! Getting started is the hardest part. You can do this!!!!!!! Thanks for linking your goals up at Walking Redeemed last week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - I hear you! I will be checking out your blog on Wednesdays for encouragement and inspiration - since I am on that journey, too (except, I'm already 40...but oh well!)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!