Friday, February 8, 2013

The Best Laid Plans.....

 You know the plans.  You have people to see, places to go, things to do.  Then... IT.... happens.

LIFE.

The real stuff that gets in the way of my plans.

For me the past two weeks it has been pneumonia.  It has knocked me out. I've spent a lot of time this past two weeks on the couch, meanwhile my house is a disaster, laundry has barely kept up, my kids have suffered accepted less than perfect meals, and hubby has been gracious enough to pick up the pieces of chaos.

I've learned (the hard way at times) that even though something didn't get done my way, be thankful that it got done.  I've learned how helpful my kids really can be when they need to step up.  I've learned to lean on others to do things I'd much rather do myself.  And I've learned that I really don't like coughing anymore!

I'm thankful that I'm on the mend.  I'm thankful for hubby and our kiddo's.  I'm thankful for my health.  And I'm thankful that I can make plans for the upcoming week (Lord willing!).

Have a great weekend!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!