Friday, December 14, 2012

Homeschooling During The Holidays

One of the things I really love about homeschooling is the flexibility it brings our family.  With 5 kiddo's, one of them with multiple appointments during the month, things can get crazy in a hurry.  I am still relatively new at homeschooling (we're just starting our 3rd year), but I don't stress over these things like I first did.  We'll still get our school year done, it just may not look the same as someone else.  That's OK!

I *think* I may have mentioned once or twice that I LOVE Christmas time.  I also love having our kiddo's home and creating happy memories during this time of year with them.  Our "formal" schooling is on hold until the second week of January.  What our homeschool looks like for the next several weeks is to just enjoy one another.

We're planning on baking and creating Christmas goodies next week.  We then take some of them to our neighbors and relatives.  We'll send out our Christmas cards next week also.  We're going to create some holiday crafts~something that Sweetcheeks is really looking forward to.  We're going to watch holiday movies, and read books together.  We're going to read the Christmas story together, and have a family Christmas eve worship time together (I'm really looking forward to this!).  We're just going to take it easy, enjoy our Christmas, enjoy each other, and reflect on the real reason for this season.

I pray you also can enjoy the Christmas holiday with your loved ones!

Blessings,

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God"
1 Corinthians 10:31

2 comments:

  1. That is one thing about homeschooling that I think is absolutely fabulous! Enjoy your "fun"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I have kids, and they are old enough to home-school we will definitely put the brakes on at Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!