Thursday, October 25, 2012

Frugal Living~Make Liquid Handsoap Go Farther

I posted this a couple of years ago, but since I think it's such a great idea, I'm reposting it for some of my new followers who may not have seen it! 

I've been "making" my own handsoap for several years and it really saves us money.  You use so much less soap so it lasts a lot longer.

You need a FOAMY handsoap pump and regular liquid handsoap. I bought a large refill bottle. I wish I would have recorded when I bought it so I would know how long it lasted us.



The easy instructions are to just add a small amount of soap into the dispenser (about 1/2 inch of soap or so), then fill the rest of the bottle with water. Shake until all the soap is dispersed. You now have foamy soap and you used very little of the liquid soap for one bottle.

We LOVE the foamy soap in our house. It is much easier for the little ones to wash off their hands. Since we are all washing our hands many times around here, this really does save our family money!

Let me know what you think!
Have a great day!

Blessings,
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God"
1 Corinthians 10:31

3 comments:

  1. We do this too! Thanks for sharing this idea with the Thrive @ Home community. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i got some free dawn foaming and it is such a rich lather (a drop is more than enough) but it is very thick... i have seen many recipes. this is a great diy for someone that doesnt want really all make from scratch :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!