Thursday, September 13, 2012

Looking Heavenward


Our oldest daughter had an appointment with the chiropractor this past week.  While talking to the chiropractor, he stated that some of my daughter's neck problems were caused by having her shoulder's hunched and looking down to much.  He talked about how in life we spend too much time looking down at our I~pods, cell phones, computer screens, homework, etc. and not enough time looking up.

This is true not only of neck problems, but also many of  life's problems.  I know in my own life, I can look back and see how many of the problems I've faced have been caused when I'm not spending enough time looking tword heaven.

Life gets busy, little children need attention, our husbands and our homes have needs, and there are many other reason's we use to try and validate our time away from our heavenly father.  It is only when we are walking with the Lord that we are in "alignment" with Him.  Even in the midst of trials, if we are walking in His ways, things will fall into place and we usually have much less pain. 

Spend some time looking heavenward.  Spend time in the Word, in prayer, and quietly listening to what our Father has to say.  I need to work on this area of life~won't you join me?

Blessings,

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God"
1 Corinthians 10:31


Linking up with:
Our Simple Country Life     I Was Featured On...   

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful thoughts for today, Jess! My former pastor's wife and dear friend used to ask me at least once a week, "What is the Lord teaching you from His Word this week?" I really never knew when she would be asking that, so it really kept me in the Word and ready to give an answer. Loved her for that! Thanks for stopping by my blog; I do appreciate your prayers. Finger reconstruction surgery will be this coming Wednesday, the 19th at 9:15 a.m.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!