Friday, September 7, 2012

Homemade Granola Bars

My kids love granola bars as a quick snack, but I find that they are expensive and not very healthy for them.  A couple of years ago, I found a recipe online (sorry...I can't remember where~~I have since started writing the website down when I print out a recipe!) for granola bars that my kids really like to eat and is quite simple to make. 

Ingredients
  • 6 cups old fashioned oats (we actually use about 5 to 5 1/2 cups because we like it a bit more moist)
  • 2/3 cup corn syrup
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky~whatever you prefer)
  • chocolate chips (I've found if you use mini chips, they melt and you don't end up with actual chips in your bars.  Still just as yummy!)
Mix the oats with the chocolate chips (as many or as little as you desire!)  Heat the corn syrup and brown sugar until boiling. 

Boil for one minute, remove from heat and add peanut butter.  Pour mixture over oats and stir until completely mixed. 

Pat mixture into a 9 x 13 pan and let sit until cooled and hardened. I was out of chocolate chips so these bars are just peanut butter.  Try your own variations and see what different tastes you can come up with! 

Cut into bars and enjoy!

Have a great day!

Blessings,

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God"
1 Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!