Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Homemade Taco Salad Shells




In our house, taco's are almost considered a staple.  We have it several times a month, and all the kids love it. 

I like to make extra taco meat for taco salads.  It is a quick and easy lunch for the day after.  I've seen infomercials for a taco salad shell maker, but it just seemed like a lot of money for yet another thing to sit in my cabinets.  So most times, we just ate our taco salads without a "taco bowl".  I saw these salad shells on a friend's facebook page, and loved the idea.  I knew I had to make them for our next taco salad lunch. 

All you need are a package of soft taco shells and a muffin tin. 

Place the muffin tin upside down and place a soft shell between the muffin cups.  Press it down to get your shape.

What it should look like after you press it down.

Place as many as you can on your muffin tray and place in the oven.  I had the oven on 350 degrees and had them in for only a few minutes.  Adjust to whatever crispness you like.

Let them cool and fill with your favorite salad fixins.  I used the taco sized soft shells so they were the perfect size for our kiddo's salads.  If you like bigger shells, you may want to use the larger sized shells.  Enjoy!

Have a great day!

Blessings,

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God"
1 Corinthians 10:31


This post is linked up with Amy at Raising Arrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!