Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Verse for 2012!

A couple of years ago (or maybe it was only last year!) a lot of people I knew were trying to come up with their one word to describe what they wanted their year to be like.  I heard a lot of words like frugal, compassionate, loving, patient, diligent, etc.  I find it hard to come up with just one word (as I am a woman of many words *wink*), and I wanted something that would describe my relationships.

So.....I decided that a verse for 2012 would be appropriate for me.  I have so many favorites, and sometimes the Lord just lays one on my heart.  But I have been coming to this one many times over.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God"
1 Corinthians 10:31

For me, this sums up all that I strive for, in almost every aspect of my life.  As a wife, mother, home educator, daughter, sister, friend....as I am parenting, keeping house, serving others, taking care of myself, educating my children, and even blogging.  My goal is that all I do would be pleasing to God and for His glory.

I heard a message during the Christmas holiday that included a statement.  If God was standing beside you right now, would you continue to do what you are now doing?  If you wouldn't, you shouldn't be doing it at all.  It is meaningless to His kingdom.  I want my work and my life to have meaning in His kingdom!  It helped me to put the things I am involved in into perspective.

So, for 2012, I am going to make copies of this verse, and plaster them all over my house.  Especially in the areas of my home and life I struggle with.  I hope you will also pour over the Bible and come up with a verse for the year. 

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!