Monday, January 16, 2012

Goals for 2012

I have had a list of goals for the new year spinning around my head for some time now.  It is time to get them written down, as this will help to hold myself accountable.  Here's the list....

~~ Read my Bible every day.  I would like to have the goal of reading through the Bible in the year, but I know that goal would stress me out.  I have set that goal before, and I end up dissapointed that I am not doing well, feel like a failure, etc.  I just want to get better at being in God's Word daily, so I don't want to stress out over getting the entire book read in a year (although that is a goal I would like to accomplish!).

~~ Send out birthday cards.  I used to be so good at that and somewhere (probably between child 2 and 3!) I have gotten lazy about it.  So much so that I feel bad for missing so many birthday's and I stopped sending them altogether.  This is just one simple way of letting our loved ones know we care.  The first birthday of the year is my brother this weekend!

~~ Make our own bread.  I love the smell of bread baking and I love the taste of it, too!  It is so much healthier than store bought bread.  I have tried several recipe's and think I have found one that works for our family.  I like to make whole wheat bread, and sometime it ends up crumbly and difficult to use (any suggestions on this one?). 

~~ Play!  Spend more time outside or on the floor with my kiddo's instead of the things I *think* are important.  Cleaning the floors can wait, but my children don't stop growing.  I want them to know that they are more important to me than a clean house or what my agenda tells me should be done today.

~~ Eat healthier and live healthier.  Not just to loose weight, but to BE healthier.  I can't say we eat fast food or junk food often, but there is definately room for improvement in our diets.  We can also improve on exercise.

~~ Loose 20 pounds.  This goes along with the eating and living healthier, but I really need to loose weight.  I'm setting the 20 pound goal because I know that I can achieve it if I try, but I want to add more to that number by the end of the year.

~~ Stick to our budget.  I'd like to get to the point in our lives where we can bless others with our finances instead of living paycheck to paycheck.

~~ Family worship time.  We are reading the book "Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends" by Sarah, Stephen, and Grace Mally for our devotion time.  We've purchased another book just for family worship time, and am looking forward to continuing this pattern.


~~ Make as many Christmas presents as I can.  If I start now, I should have no problem with this goal!  I've already got some idea's in mind.

~~ Organize my binder.  You know the one.  The binder that should hold my recipe's, calendar, coupons, meal plans, etc.  I have one started, but it is really just papers shoved into it with no real meaning.  I really feel if I organize this, then stick to the meal and cleaning lists, I would be better organized in my life.

~~ Pray for other's more.  I've come to realize that I've become self centered in my prayer life, spending a lot of time asking for God's blessings for myself and family.  I used to have a prayer notebook, and I'd write down things to pray for for other people.  Then in  my prayer time, I'd spend time praying over problems and praises in other people's lives.  The power of prayer is amazing, and I'd like to make sure I am blessing others with my prayers.  When I say that I will pray for someone or something, I want to be sure I am doing just that.

So....here it is.  I know it looks like a lot, but really it is just a few small ways to be the woman I am intended to be.  I am sure I'll be adding more to it as the year goes on.  I hope you will write down your list of goals for the new year, then evaluate it often.  I plan to keep you updated on my progress!

Have a great day!

Blessings,
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God"
1 Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!