Monday, June 13, 2011

When Mamma Isn't Well.....

This past few days I have not been well.  I had hubby take me to the ER and found out I had strep throat.  I couldn't believe how much it took me out!  I had a very high fever, terrible headache and body aches, upset stomach and of course the sore throat.  I believe it took everything out of me because I have been running full speed for several weeks.  After my miscarriage and surgery, I took it easy for the first couple days, but then we started last week running almost every day with appointments, graduation party, etc.  It was a busy week, plus the temps for most of the week were in the mid 90's!  I am convinced that God was telling me if I was not going to take it easy, he was going to make me!  And make me He did!  Thankfully I am starting to feel much better now, but I learned some things the past few days....

When mamma isn't well...

  • the kids enjoy sharing a bag of oyster crackers for their snack in the middle of the living room floor!
  • It only takes a few hours for the living room to look like a hurricane came through! (Really, I already knew this one!)
  • Having all the kids watching a movie isn't really a bad thing
  • phone messages are "forgotten" for several days ("Mom, I was going to tell you, but everytime I would want to, you would be sleeping!")
  • the older kids found out they are perfectly capable of handling their younger siblings~and even did so without being asked a few times!
  • But the best thing....Daddy found out he not only CAN do laundry, shopping, and making meals.... he's actually pretty good at it! (He willingly did it and did a great job!  I was very thankful for him this weekend!)
We're all glad that I'm back on my feet, and I don't want to feel like that again anytime soon!
Hope you have a great week!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!