Thursday, January 27, 2011

Not What I Had Planned....

I just love the days when things just don't go as expected (insert sarcasm here!).  We've been homeschooling for the past 2 weeks, and while we are doing OK, I just don't feel a good rhythm yet.  Most of that is just organization on my part.  It has been difficult to get into the routine of homeschooling as well as cleaning, groceries, appointments, errands, etc.  So I made up my mind that we were going to dive head first into homeschooling, get organized, and all would be wonderful.  This is when the Lord says..."Wait a minute...who is in control here?"

This morning started off well.  It had snowed overnight, so our son was looking forward to snow blowing the driveway, sidewalk, and our neighbors driveway.  We had breakfast, got the kids who are in school off, came home and was going to get the baby dressed.  That's when I saw it....

the poor baby has HIVES! 

He's been on an antibiotic for the past week for a double ear infection and guess what?!  He's allergic to it!  He's had this antibiotic before and never had a problem with it.  He'd been scratching his tummy this morning, but I didn't realize the poor boy had this going on!  So, off we went to the pharmacy to get some Benadryl.  It has helped him some~he hasn't been scratching his tummy as often.

So, a lesson learned in Who is really in control of my day.  Thankfully this is a pretty minor wrench thrown into the day.  Baby gets a little more snuggling, homeschooling still is going fine, and I'm still learning to depend more on the Lord for all things.

I am linking this up to Thankful Thursday's site.  I know this isn't my usual Thankful post, but I have wanted to get back to doing that again.  I am thankful today for gentle reminders from the Lord to remember what really is important in life.  I am thankful that my children are healthy (and itchy!). 

Visit our host, Lynn, at Spiritually Unequal Marriage for more thankful posts.  Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!