Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thankful Thursday!

“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
I Thessalonians 5:16-18


Happy Thursday!  Thankful Thursday!

The greatest gifts I have been blessed with is my children.  God has been very gracious to us and has blessed us with 5 children.  There was a time in our marriage we wondered if we would have any children at all.   Then we wondered why after 2 biological children, God was sending us on a journey across the world to bring our 3rd child home.  We were then blessed with 2 more children through birth.  Now we wonder what God has in store for us next...but that is another post!!  (No, no announcements are forthcoming!)

Today I am reflecting on the gift of adoption.  When I think about our adoption story, we can see God's hand at work in so many different ways.   From the financing to the flight over, from the paperwork to the placement, from beginning to end...He was with us.   We have so many things in our story to be thankful for.
But our adoption would not have been possible if our son's birth mom had not chose life for her child.  It would have been so easy for her to choose abortion.  She had so many reasons not to choose life for her child.   But she had one very big reason to give him life.  Love.  Like me, the minute I saw the positive line on the pregnancy test...I became a mom.  This was no longer my life, but our life.  Decisions no longer were made for me, but for us.   We felt a love so great for someone we had never met.  

 Today our son turns 8.  I am more thoughtful of his birth mom on this date each year.  And I am thankful for the gift she has given me.  So today we celebrate a special birthday in our family.  And we'll say a prayer for the woman who gave life to a precious gift from God.

 
It's a wonderful day.  And I am thankful!

For more thankful posts, or to participate, please visit this month's host, Iris, at Grace Alone.

Have a great day!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!