Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hello!

Hi!  I'm Jess and this is my new blog home.  I had a blog over at homestead blogger, but due to some recent changes in their format, I needed to change.  I loved homestead blogger, but found it difficult to do the things with my blog that I wanted to.  So time for a change, a new blog, and a new perspective on life.  This blog will be a little different than my homestead blog, but I still want to keep it simple.

I live in the upper midwest with my husband of 17 years and our 5 children.  Our children range in age from 1 to 13.  I stay at home and my husband works in an agricultural business.  Life is always interesting in our home.  We are learning to trust in God wholeheartedly for everything in our life.  I thought we already did this, but boy was I wrong.  More often than not, I was putting the cart before the horse and paying the price later for it.  I want my life and the lives of my family to represent our thankfulness for what Christ sacrificed for us.  We are learning to live frugally not only because we want to (or have to), but that is what God demands of us.  We're also learning to trust in Him in other area's of our life-big and small.  It isn't always easy, but we are being refined into the children God want us to be.  It is definately an adventure!

The purpose of my blog is two-fold.  I want a journal of our life and times.  I want to journal what is going on in our lives and the lives of our kids.  I don't want to forget any of these times with our family.  I know they are precious and fleeting.  The second purpose of my blog is to help others.  We are learning so many things in our journey through life and I wanted to share the things we've learned with others.  How do you think I learned so much of it?? 

I hope you will come back often and this blog will be a blessing to you.

Blessings,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! In the spirit of encouraging others, please do not leave comments that are offensive or hurtful. Thanks for stopping by!